As a Catholic school, St Therese’s School mission centers around several key aspects:
- Nurturing Personal Faith: We strive to create a community that celebrates its Catholic heritage through Scripture, Sacraments, and Prayer. We encourage the development and experience of personal faith, fostering a deep connection to God.
- Upholding Catholic Identity: Our commitment to faith, hope, and love is a testament to our belief in God and our reverence for the dignity of every person. We embrace stewardship, recognizing our responsibility to care for all of creation.
- Promoting Social Justice: We actively engage in service to the wider community, especially those in greater need. Through this outreach, we instill in our students the values of social justice, promoting self-worth and human dignity among children, families, and staff.
- Building Positive Relationships: Our school is dedicated to fostering positive and harmonious relationships within a supportive environment. We prioritize mutual respect, cooperation, and meaningful experiences that challenge and nurture each individual’s full potential.
- Supporting Staff Development: We value the expertise and growth of our staff members. Providing support and opportunities for professional development ensures that our teachers are equipped to deliver the highest quality education to our students.
- Creating a Welcoming Community: We cultivate a welcoming and inclusive community where everyone feels a sense of belonging. Positive communication, transparency, and honesty are key elements of our interactions.
- Offering Pastoral Care: We provide care and support for all members of our community, particularly those in need. Our commitment to pastoral outreach ensures that everyone feels supported and valued.
Religious Education plays a central role in our curriculum, serving as the foundation for all areas of learning. Our program follows the Brisbane Religious Education Guidelines and aims to help children relate their Catholic faith to their daily lives. Through formal Religious Education lessons, prayer experiences, participation in the Sacraments, and regular liturgical celebrations, we encourage students to deepen their spiritual lives.
We also emphasize the importance of hymn practice, preparing our students for active participation in liturgies and school celebrations.
Additionally in collaboration with Edmonton Catholic Parish, we offer a sacramental preparation program for students in Year 4 to 6, Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation, and communicate details through email, newsletters, and parish bulletins.
At St Therese’s School, full participation in spiritual and liturgical activities is an expectation for all students. We warmly invite parents and friends to join us in celebrating these significant moments in our faith journey.